To obtain records from the Town of Manchester,
you will need to fill out this FOIL application and mail, email, or drop off your application to:
Devon Hayes, Records Officer
1272 County Road 7
Clifton Springs, NY 14432
You will be notified within 5 business days in writing that we have received your FOIL application.
Within 20 business days you will be notified if your FOIL is complete, partially incomplete, or denied in writing from the Records Officer.
All copies printed for your FOIL are $0.25 per page.
Once the number of pages are identified, you will be notified of the amount due.
Upon your receipt of payment, your FOIL will be mailed, emailed, or given to you in person at the
Manchester Town Clerk's Office.
Note: If you choose to have your FOIL mailed through the USPS, you will be charged for postage including certified return receipt postage.
Questions and Answers for F.O.I.L
Section 5 Requests for public access to records:
1. A written request may be required, but oral requests may be accepted when records are readily available.
2. If records are maintained on the internet, the requester shall be informed that the records are accessible via the internet and in printed form either on paper or other information storage medium.
3. A response shall be given within five business days of receipt of a request by:
4. In determining a reasonable time for granting or denying a request under the circumstances of a request, personnel shall consider the volume of a request, the ease or difficulty in locating, retrieving or generating records, the complexity of the request, the need to review records to determine the extent to which they must be disclosed, the number of requests received by the agency, and similar factors that bear on the ability to grant access to records promptly and within a reasonable time.
5. A failure to comply with the time limitations described herein shall constitute a denial of a request that may be appealed. Such failure shall include situations in which an officer or employee: